lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: No color in Lynx with slang ???

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: No color in Lynx with slang ???
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 11:13:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, RamNarayan S wrote:

> Anyone out there who has Lynx with slang (color Lynx)  successfully  running
> for HP-UX ?
>
> I have Lynx 2.7.1  #ac54  compiled  with slang in for a HP-UX  9.03 with gcc
> 2.7.2.1. ncurses is my default library for curses.
>
> I have a color  xterm  and I don't  seem to get my  Lynx to show  any  color
> though I have tried mucking around with the lynx.cfg color combinations.  It
> shows only a highlighted status bar and nothing else.
>
> Any problem with termcaps etc ?  Forcing it to use the option -color doesn't
> result in any change except that the highlighting goes off.

Highlighting going off sounds like a terminal emulation problem to me.  If
you try using color lynx with the "-color" switch and your terminal
doesn't support color, the highlighting will disappear.  I use fotemods
with slang on HP-UX, and have no problems.  Using the "-color" switch does
not rely on your termcap/terminfo with slang.  Try using something like
MS-Kermit or something to ensure that the color is working properly.  I
know that Tom Dickey has mentioned about a number of color x-terms having
lousy emulation.