lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7.1 bookmark oddity

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7.1 bookmark oddity
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 18:38:18 +0100 (BST)

> I've switched terminal programs over to Telix v3.51 and notice an
> unpleasant effect everytime I set a bookmark; the screen reverses from
> white-on-black to white background.

This is either a fault in Telix or a fault in the terminfo database
used by your ISP.  Either way, the solution is likely to be to select
a less capable terminal type or provide a terminfo entry which does
work with Telix.  You will need shell access or a friendly ISP.

I would favour the theory that the terminal emulation is broken, but
some Unix terminfo entries are designed for typical emulations, not
for the original terminal, so an emulator could be correct but still
fail.
;
;