lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ac #68

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ac #68
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:35:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> 97-09-17
> --------
> * Undo misleading/incorrect use of 'const' in HTML.c, and associated
>   modules. - TD

You made lots of changes here.  Did you do this because of compiler
warnings?

I am wondering whether you are just removing symptoms, and we _should_
get those warnings and change the code in HTML.c instead.  How many
warnings did you get there? (if that's the reason for this change).

> * merge symbols 'has_color' and 'lynx_has_color' to simplify ifdef's,
>   and correct a problem building color-style configuration. - TD

There was no 'lynx_has_color' anywhere (but a 'lynx_uses_color').
However, 'lynx_has_color' would be a less misleading name for the
combined thing, since even when it is true we don't necessarily 'use'
(show) color.  What do you thing about changing it?
(s/lynx_uses_color/lynx_has_color/g)

   Klaus

;
;