lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV two problems with Patch-O-Matic

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV two problems with Patch-O-Matic
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 18:02:34 +0900 (JST)

> claimed.  I hadn't really tested much what happens when it is not invoked

Just about 20 minutes after I sent that post I realized that
I should just copy the query string that is sent from the patch
form.  I'm embarassed to confess that I don't know how to do
that in Lynx, so I borrowed an MSIE which shows the complete
URL with the query string.  Anyway I rewrote the wget command
after I saw the &compress=y and &new=y.  Now that you've
changed the defaults to help us "unfortunates", I'll remove
from the command line what shouldn't be necessary.  If that
doesn't work, I'll go back to a complete query string like
that sent by the form on sol.slcc.

Once it's working I'll post the alias I use so other idiots
like me can do it painlessly.

I'm really sorry to be taking so much of your time on my
account.  Don't bother replying; I'm sure I can get it to
work by Monday, if not tonight.  Thanks again.

henry nelson

> Second, I changed the script to include new files by default if invoked
> without a "&new=n" parameter, as diffs against an empty file.  You can
                  ^
"y"?  Yes, this is the right default because most people are
like me and don't really know how to edit the makefile to prevent
the compile from bombing out.

> Third, I changed the default for diff flags to be "-c", instead of no

Also good because -c diffs are easier to successfully apply if
working up from patch to patch for a long time.
;
;