lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx compilation under ptx4.1.4

From: William Yang
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx compilation under ptx4.1.4
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 97 14:24:57 EDT

Ben Fersenheim wrote something like:

> i've never compiled lynx2.7.1 under a platform that doesn't
> have ranlib, so i've never had to remove any references to it
> from the build.  i'm trying to build lynx on a sequent/ptx4.1.4
> platform, and the the archive towards the end of the procedure
> fails with 'Make  cannot load ranlib.'  ( no kidding.... )
>
> where is ranlib referenced so i can axe it?

$ grep -l ranlib `find /path/to/lynx/src -type f -print`

I'm assuming you've got basic, common UNIX utilities such as 'find',
'grep', and that you're running a Bourne-like shell.

        -Bill
--
William D Yang                          The Greater Columbus Free-Net
address@hidden          System Administration & Operation

;