LYNX-DEV problem with traversal mode

From: Lars Eilebrecht
Subject: LYNX-DEV problem with traversal mode
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:32:05 +0200 (MET DST)

I experimented with the -traversal rsp. -crawl mode of Lynx,
because I want to use it as a link checker for our site, eg.
to generate reports about files that where not found for our
web authors.
But there is a problem when Lynx sees a 401 authorization message,
because the traversal is stopped and Lynx prompts the user for
the credentials.
IMHO Lynx should simply log the 401 message if -traversal or -crawl
is used. I think HTTP.c of the www-library can be modified to ensure
it, but I only took a quick look at the sources...
Lars Eilebrecht, SINFO-AG