lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV www.metafind.com

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV www.metafind.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 19:04:04 -0500 (EST)

Jon Schewe <address@hidden> wrote:
>I've got lynx2-7-1 with some fotemods.  I goto http://www.metafind.com and lynx
>core dumps.  It's doing so in LYSetCookie.  I looked at the page in netscape
>and it's setting a cookie for a past date.  I tried running lynx regular and
>with -cookies and neither made a difference.  They both die in the same place.
>Can someone offer some suggestions on this?

        It's trying to set the cookie via a META tag, and old fotemods and
devel code had a bug which caused a crash in that case.  It was fixed long
ago, and no one supports mods as old as you're obviously using, with bugs
that were fixed long ago, so upgrade.

        The cookie is an advertising tracker which should be (and is, in
current code) silently rejected (as an "unverifiable transaction") to
protect your privacy based on the current IETF specs for cookie handling.
The expiration date was in 1999, not in the past, when I just tried it.

                                Fote