lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV improving on the mailto:help link

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV improving on the mailto:help link
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 11:13:17 +0900 (JST)

> The history of this is that there is a "So you found a bug" page
> at Lynx links but I failed to send people there from the home
[...]
> one could have a mailto: link.  If it's on a separate page you
> have room to indulge in some coaching on how to find out what we

Yes, now I see what you're aiming at.  Sounds like the better
solution to me (as opposed to a form).

> Personally, I don't think that a form is user-friendly.  Maybe it

That is utterly true.  Just navigating through them is hard, and
on top of that you have to learn a whole new set of keys.  Any
form that is used by newbies HAS to have intructions on how to
fill out a form, and  athough it is a learning experience, that
means added distraction from the main purpose.

> Recap: any separate page gets you room to coach good problem
> writeup practices before they hit "send."  That would be an
> improvement.  As it is now, they get that coaching in the
> auto-response after they use the mailto.  Once you have done the

I vote for this being the way we go.  Do you have a draft up
somewhere we can take a look at, or a URL for "So you found a bug"?

> I do hope you will accept "ownership" of the thread up until

No comment :)

__Henry
;
;