lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Configure patch for SCO

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Configure patch for SCO
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 12:53:05 -0400 (EDT)

> Well, I never had any trouble that I can recall in the last few months
> either.
>
> The problem must be something that I did, but I don't know what.
> I unpacked the distribution into a fresh directory, typed 'configure', and
> (it never rains but it pours) this time the make file has:
>
>       LIBS            = -lcurses -ltermcap  -lnsl -lsocket -lsocket
good (then I don't have to fix it :-)

perhaps the change that I made to cache the network library list (which allows
the script to be re-run without causing it to decide that some functions are
not available) is related.

in any case, you should do a "make distclean" after applying a patch,
since the assumptions within the configure script may change...

> !!
>
> Maybe the problem is that these ac.XX versions do not unpack to different
> trees, the top-level is always lynx2-7-1, there would be an old config.cache
> and an old config.status file sitting there, and it hadn't been my practice
> to type 'make distclean'.
>
> Could each successive ac.XX variant unpack to its own lynx2-7-1.XX file,
> please?
it's a reasonable idea (not my department).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden