lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.74 and LYUnEscapeEntities problem under digi

From: Heikki Kantola
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.74 and LYUnEscapeEntities problem under digital UNIX
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 17:29:45 +0300

According to Klaus Weide <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Heikki Kantola wrote:
> > Looks like there's something odd in 2.7.1ac-0.74's new LYUnEscape-
> > Entities code as everytime I try to access eg. www.helsinki.fi I get
> > odd¹ error message:
> >     ./LYCharUtils.c LYUnEscapeEntities: out of memory.  Aborting...
> >
> >     Memory exhausted!  Program aborted!
> >
> > ¹ Trying this on Alpha running digital UNIX 4.0B box and with 1G real
> > and 3G virtual memory, of which most should be free...
>
> Yes, that's the function I changed a lot in the last update...
>
> Where does it occur?

Whenever I hit certain pages, sometimes during the download.

> Is it reproducible?

Yup.

> only some page?  Can you give a URL?

Only on some pages, of which I can't really find any clear pattern,
eg. www.helsinki.fi, www.cs.helsinki.fi, www.netscape.com, uk.imdb.com.

> What is your setting for Display Character Set?  And (if you have change
> any of those) ASSUME_CHARSET, raw mode (@) etc.

preferred document c(H)arset : NONE
display (C)haracter set      : ISO Latin 1
Raw 8-bit or CJK m(O)de      : ON      show color (&)  : OFF

ASSUME_CHARSET not set in lynx.cfg.

[Klaus's second reply:]
> I cannot reproduce this on <URL: http://www.helsinki.fi/> on solaris
> sparc, so more info is needed.  But first, to make sure we have the basic
> things covered: did you fully recompile 2.7.1ac-0.74?  Assuming you were
> copying the source (or patch) over a previous version, make sure you
> did a new `configure'  and a `make clean' or `make distclean' (and if not
> please try to compile again).

Nope, didn't patch any previous version, just unpacked the tar.gz and
configured (--with-screen=slang --with-zlib) and compiled (using cc and
rather extensive set optimization flags, hopefully that wasn't the
problem, I think I'll try without any).

--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola, <address@hidden>
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan