lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV More on my SPARC/Solaris 2.4/Lynx development version crash

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV More on my SPARC/Solaris 2.4/Lynx development version crashes
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:02:32 -0400

From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>

>> in the devel code and try to fix it.</rant>  Try 2.7.1ac-0.83 when
>> it's available (not yet, probably noon).
>technically my fault, but the help message does indicate that the code is
>'experimental' (not everyone seems to understand what 'alpha' code is).

1. if no further work on the code is expected to occur, would it make
sense to remove the code, or at least remove any options to activate it?
Or does it work well on some platforms and not on others.

2. if users should not report problems on this code, perhaps that would
be worthwhile to mention in the docs?
;