lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: commas (eg 4,863,806) in download byte-cnts

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: commas (eg 4,863,806) in download byte-cnts
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 19:58:19 -0400 (EDT)

And different countries are not the whole story. Some people (me included) live
in one country but don't agree with its "conventions" and choose to use the
locale parameters for another country. For example, I prefer to use 24-hour
time format, and I'm pissed off when a program asks me during installation
"Which country do you live in?" and if I enter "USA" chooses the f---ing stupid
12-hour format. Just because I currently live in the USA doesn't mean that I'm
an American!

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
;