lynx-dev

Re: Re: LYNX-DEV news: handling

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: Re: LYNX-DEV news: handling
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 23:19:26 -0400 (EDT)

A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-gilman-news-url-00.txt

Lynx already has some code that does get-message-by-number as it
handles a message-number URL form.  See "Supported URLs" in H)elp.

But you can only use that form in follow-ups after hearing from
that specific server because the message numbers are not
consistent across servers.

Try the examples in the above Internet-Draft.  Or at least at the
date of writing they were live.

Everything I know about News URLs I learned here, and then some.

-- Al
;
;