lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 and 2.7 under AIX 4.x

From: Mary Papakhian
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 and 2.7 under AIX 4.x
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 15:27:22 -0500 (EST)

Hello Lynx Helpers,

I've been running Lynx 2.4 on several AIX systems.  Recently, I
tried to upgrade to Lynx 2.7.1.  I was able to compile the code
without problem, but when I start it up it just goes into an
infinite loop and eats up all available CPU.  I thought I must
be compiling with some wrong option, so I tried using the pre-
compiled executable available at aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu (the
AIX Public Domain Software Library) on both AIX 4.1 and AIX 4.2
systems, but got the same results.

I also tried Lynx 2.6; it gets a segmentation violation and
aborts at startup.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!
--

                                    Mary Papakhian