lynx-dev

more on INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works now]

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: more on INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works now]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:16:54 +0900 (JST)

> Unpack the source code using a DOS "unzip" program (like PKUNZIP or UNZIP386).
[...]
> as it will automatically create any necessary directories.

I had already changed this section, but I like your wording better than
my own in some places.  I'll sleep on it and do a little more editing
tomorrow.  Thanks much.

Recent changes to INSTALLATION.gz are 1) the unzip problem under DOS,
2) rewording of the beginning of the Win32 compile process, 3) Larry's
correction of typo's and suggestion to not wrap URLs, 4) some pieces
of lint picked up by various people, and 5) more explicit instructions
on defining the location of lynx.cfg.

One of the reasons I started a new INSTALLATION was to incorporate ALL
of README.configure and README.win-386 so that the two READMEs could be
eliminated.  In doing so I felt obligated to retain the first paragraph
of Wayne's README.  It is not directly related to installing Lynx, but
is an important record of the process of the development of Lynx.  It must
be retained, but I'd rather see it in another place.  My question is, is
the creation of the four defines, _WINDOWS, DJGPP, DOSPATH and NOSIGHUP,
documented well enough in the CHANGES* files?  If not, I really believe it
should be.  If it is, I'd like to knock out that first paragraph of the
section "IV. Compile instructions -- Win32 (Windows95/NT)."  Comments please.

__Henry
;
;