lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV How to change screen size??

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How to change screen size??
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 14:39:43 -0500 (EST)

> On Wed, 29 Oct 97 17:12:07 GMT, address@hidden (Alex Lyons  AEA Technology
> Winfrith) said:
> >Resizing of the lynx display window (xterm or Sun's shelltool)
> >didn't seem to work properly, at least when using ordinary curses,
> >and particularly if you tried to make the display larger.
>
> I do not know how the curses version works but the slang version will
> correctly redraw the screen upon the next keypress.  I agree that it
I built both the slang and curses versions, patched the curses version
(temporarily - since there's no call on size_change to start things)
to see if I wanted to get into the resize code, tested & found
that neither would repaint the screen properly -- on the next keypress, or
whatever, since there would be lines on the screen that weren't updated.

(Sometimes a ^L helped to get the screen back into the proper state).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden