lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx_386 version (latest lynx-cur.zip)

From: Sabato De Rosa
Subject: LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx_386 version (latest lynx-cur.zip)
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 10:26:05 +2200

Hallo listers,
I'll try to explain briefly the problems that I have encountered in
compiling the version of lynx mentioned in subject:
first, I'd like to compile it under dos localizing the executable in italian
language all the messages and configuration file lynx.cfg for italian blind
people;
1) I have followed all the steps indicated in INSTALLATION file for
unziping source code;
2) I have also downloaded and installed, as indicated in instrucctions, all
additional libraries needed (i.e. zlib, curses and tcplib);
3) giving MAKE command in DJGPP subdirectory ov lynx's source code it seems
that doesn't work; the problem is that there isn't file SOCKET.H called from
file TCP.H. I have tried to solve this question adding the TCPLIB/ICLUDE/TCP
in paths declared in C_INCLUDEPATH of compiler's DJGPP.ENV file (but I don't
know if this solution is correct).
4) giving again the MAKE command the compilation ends abnormally, because
errors of undeclared functions occur (I'd like to be more detailed, but I'm
working on another computer and I don't remember exactly the names of these
functions); in any cases the compilation stops on file
WWW/IMPLEENTATION/HTTP.C.
Can anyone help me, please? I hope that you will be patient with me.
Best regards.
Net-Tamer V 1.10  - Test Drive

;
;