lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx_386 version (latest lynx-cur.z

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx_386 version (latest lynx-cur.z
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 07:43:41 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Sabato De Rosa wrote:

> 3) giving MAKE command in DJGPP subdirectory ov lynx's source code it seems

This may be the problem.  You DON'T type make in the DJGPP subdirectory.
Go to the src directory and type "make -f makefile.dos".

> that doesn't work; the problem is that there isn't file SOCKET.H called from
> file TCP.H. I have tried to solve this question adding the TCPLIB/ICLUDE/TCP
> in paths declared in C_INCLUDEPATH of compiler's DJGPP.ENV file (but I don't
> know if this solution is correct).
> 4) giving again the MAKE command the compilation ends abnormally, because
> errors of undeclared functions occur (I'd like to be more detailed, but I'm
> working on another computer and I don't remember exactly the names of these
> functions); in any cases the compilation stops on file
> WWW/IMPLEENTATION/HTTP.C.

It is hard to help without more specific information. Which version of
lynx are you trying to compile? Socket.h and tcp.h are referenced with
the CFLAG "-I../djgpp/tcplib/include/tcp". Please write back to the list
with specific error messages and the version you are trying to compile.
To save the error messages to a file under DOS, instead of typing
"make -f makefile.dos", type
"redir -ea error -oa error make  -f makefile.dos".  The file "error"
will capture everything that would have gone to the screen (your screen
will be blank during the compile).

                                  Doug
__
Doug Kaufman