lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV X-URL header field

From: Uzi Paz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV X-URL header field
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 06:23:00 +0200 (IST)

Yes.
URIs with "localhost" are bad URI in any case. Perhaps this can be solved
if you use a URL of an Internet local host, by noting which site is
producing the URL, and maintaining a list of sites which share the same
file system. Quite a headache, and if the file is local to your PC which
is connected to the Internet via SLIP/PPP , then this cannot be a solution
either. It looks that URLs of local objects will remain a problem.
At least, "our" fanged program can identify the cases where URL is not
absolute.

I'm not sure that if you post a local (non-public) file, then giving its
local location is not a privacy problem.

I don't see that the Content-Type's charset is a problem. It should not be
used when accessing the URL itself.

Is there any case where both Content-Location and X-URL appear but they
have different values?

thanks again, Uzi