lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Win32 Lynx Problems...

From: baileyl6
Subject: LYNX-DEV Win32 Lynx Problems...
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 14:33:21 +0000

Help!

I am using the Win32 port of Lynx 2.7.1 on Windows NT4 to try and access
a particular form page on our company Intranet.  When I access this page
I get the 'HTTP request sent; waiting for response.' message but then it
just stays there and gets no further.

The page I am trying to access is a logon screen to a database which
passes the user name and password.  The screen loads OK but then does not
get any further than the aforementioned message when the Submit button is
hit.  This login process uses cookies and perl scripts to pass this
information.

I have tried using various options in the 'lynx.cfg' file and have also
tried using the command line switches -cookies and -force_secure but have
had no luck in accessing this page so far.

The database I am trying to log into is the QIP IP Management database
written by Quadritek (www.quadritek.com).  This is a database which is
based on Sybase and uses a Windows client or a WWW client in order to
access it.

Please can you offer any guidance on this matter?

Regards,

Lee Bailey-Hague