lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Mouse for DOS

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Mouse for DOS
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 21:03:18 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, I wrote:

> Lynx for DOS is compiled with PDCurses, which does not support the mouse
> under DOS.  When shelling to DOS or using a viewer, however, mouse support
> is expected.  If SLIP8250.COM is used as the packet driver for local
> browsing, the mouse doesn't work even in a shell or in the viewer.  This
> problem doesn't exist with the use of SLIPPER.COM.  I would suggest that

Oops! I need to take it back about the problems with SLIP8250.COM.  The
problem wasn't intrinsic to the program, but rather to the fact that it
defaults to COM1 and IRQ 4, causing an IRQ conflict with my mouse.  If
instead of invoking slip8250 as "slip8250  0x60", I invoke it as
"slip8250  0x60 6 3 0x2F8", it uses COM2 and IRQ 3.  The mouse then
works again.  We can probably keep slip8250.com, which is clearly freely
distributable and free to use.  We might want to put a word about the
possible IRQ conflicts in the INSTALLATION file, since the slip8250
documentation is not very clear.

A second error with this: it is SLIPPER.EXE, not SLIPPER.COM.

Sorry about the confusion.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman