lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ac0.97: '@' command is broken now

From: Андрей Чернов
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ac0.97: '@' command is broken now
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 03:40:46 +0300 (MSK)

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Hynek Med wrote:

> > '@' command not change anything for current page now, only next pages
> > affected...
> >
> > To test it just set your display charset to KOI8-R and enter to
> > http://www.zhurnal.ru/ (I know that this site is broken since it isn't
> > specify charset= parameter, but '@' command just designed as workaround
> > for broken sites).  You'll see some strange iso-8859-1 letters. Then press
> > '@', also it says "Reloading..." really NOTHING CHANGES on the screen! (in
> > previous version you'll see 8bit characters or even Russian text if you
> > load KOI8-R fonts). When you walk down to some URL, it is OK, but not for
> > main page you enter very first time.
>
> What is your Display Charset set to? And does setting assumed charset to
> KOI8-R help/behave the same?

I already write at the beginning of this message that Display Charset is
set to KOI8-R. Assumed charset is 8859-1 as it _must_ be. In this example
we have correct lynx settings and incorrect WWW site (lots of such sites
are around here). '@' command designed as workaround of such sites and
always work before ac0.96. Well, I don't need to repeat this bug report
since it is quoted above.

I just additionly discover that Reload command followed after '@' command
works correctly. I.e. in previous versions I need to press only '@', but
now I forced to press '@' _and_ ^R for Reload.