lynx-dev

RE: LYNX-DEV two curiosities from IETF HTTP session.

From: Yaron Goland
Subject: RE: LYNX-DEV two curiosities from IETF HTTP session.
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:21:51 -0800

I doubt any commercial browser will implement 305 without some very serious
security provided to assure that the proxy asking for the one time redirect
is going to get it. I would suggest that this problem needs to be dealt with
in the large 305/306 context, in a stand alone spec, and that the draft
standard for HTTP should simply state that 305 has been deprecated and
SHOULD NOT be implemented.

        Yaron