lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Win95 Lynx Problem

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Win95 Lynx Problem
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 16:20:50 -0500 (EST)

Some of the files you installed with Lynx are in a directory
which is known to Win95 by a long name with a blank in it
and ending in Files.

This is an FAQ but I don't have the answer linked into the
FAQ yet.

The brute force solution is to make sure that all directories
used to install Lynx have only 8.3 names, and not long
space-included names.

There is a more subtle solution involving working around
limitations in the long-names implementation in Win95,
but I don't work in Win95 and I don't remember the correct
spelling of what references have to be fixed and how.
It involves a ...~1 abbreviation form for long names, as
I recall.

-- Al Gilman