lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1297/msg00397.html

From: vischne
Subject: LYNX-DEV http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1297/msg00397.html
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:08:24 GMT

>                   Re: LYNX-DEV Representing frames in lynx
>     * From: James Elkinton <address@hidden>
>     * Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 12:23:17 -0800
>
>address@hidden wrote:
>>
>> When you get a lynx page like this one:

>>  FRAME: Contents
>>  FRAME: Banner
>>
>>  This web page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them.

>> The question is why lynx can't simply load all of the frames and display
>> them in sequence as a series of connected pages.  For the squeamish and
>> traditional, this could be a key-sequence option.
>
>Sounds good...never can have too many options  ( well, I guess there
>could
>be a limit. :) )
>
>I, personally, wish Netscape had an option to do it like Lynx does in
>the
>above diagram.  Fat chance there, eh?
>
>Then there's always splitting the window up, but gods...what to do about
>idiots who use 7 (!) frames... another feature for the 'yeah right,
>maybe

Actually, I suggested it so that the lynx developers would put this feature
at the bottom of their wish lists.  Who wants to bother with 10 or 15 pages
of displayed frame html text anyway?  And, if some wiseguy builds a frames
web page that is self-referential, lynx and all other web browsers would
go into recursive loops displaying the frames and crash themselves and
probably their systems as well.  All in all, I think it's a bad idea, and
I'm glad I mentioned it.