lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ftp files `d'ownloaded by Lynx usually larger than when us

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ftp files `d'ownloaded by Lynx usually larger than when using unix ftp
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 09:27:15 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 21 Dec 1997, Dick Wesseling wrote:

> This happened to me also the other night. It turned out that the
> increase in file size is caused by receiving a binary file in text
> mode, inserting CR after each LF. The problem occurred with ac97 and
> ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/png/src/zlib-1.0.4.tar.gz.
> The problem was intermittent. I had rather presented a patch than a bug
> report here, but when I tried to reproduce the problem today the file
> downloaded just fine.

Laura Eaves also had trouble downloading some of the old lynx source
archives from my ftp site using lynx, with one coming through OK and 2
corrupted.  This didn't seem to be a problem when I set the files up for
http rather than ftp download.

Is there a problem with the ftp handling in the lynx code?  Were any
changes made to it recently?

                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman