lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV extension languages for Lynx

From: Tim Pierce
Subject: LYNX-DEV extension languages for Lynx
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 11:07:58 -0500 (EST)

I've done some work in the last several months to add support for
using Guile as an extension language for Lynx.  Right now the support
is pretty embryonic, limited to startup configuration settings in a
file of Scheme code.  I'd really like to make some more significant
modifications, like customizing the way HTML is rendered and
supporting fully extensible keybindings, but to do so will involve
more drastic changes to the Lynx code base.

Is the Lynx development team interested in any of this work?  I'll be
happy to coordinate my changes with the development sources if so.
However, if this project is orthogonal with what you're trying to do,
it may make more sense for me to continue working separately.

Thanks,
T.