lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV extension languages for Lynx

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV extension languages for Lynx
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 17:56:33 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Tim Pierce wrote:
>modifications, like customizing the way HTML is rendered and
>supporting fully extensible keybindings, but to do so will involve
>more drastic changes to the Lynx code base.
>
>Is the Lynx development team interested in any of this work?  I'll be

I would *definitely* like to be able to do my own key-bindings!
There aren't *many* I would change, but since left-arrow is "back", I
wish right-arrow was "forward" (in the history).  There are a few other
times where things aren't "naturally" paired.

>happy to coordinate my changes with the development sources if so.
>However, if this project is orthogonal with what you're trying to do,
>it may make more sense for me to continue working separately.

Seems that any more work that can be done should be open to all!