lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Bug/Limitation?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug/Limitation?
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 13:34:40 -0500 (EST)

980109 Miguel Silva wrote:
> I've tried to use Lynx in a situation, but it gives me this error:
> "Alert!: This client does not contain support for HTTPS URLs. "
> Will this be solved in the next release?

HTTPS URLs are those which require encryption ability,
which is restricted by the US government, which causes Lynx a problem
since many -- by no means all -- developers live in the USA.
goto  lynx.browser.org/  & consult the detailed information there:
if you live in the USA or Canada,
it's not difficult to get a version of Lynx which is encryption-capable.