lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV: "user Agent: mozilla 3.0 compatible" no-workee

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: "user Agent: mozilla 3.0 compatible" no-workee
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 09:29:10 -0500 (EST)

980117 Doug Kaufman wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, David Combs wrote:
> > Am trying to fake out a site by telling it I have mozilla 3.0 compatible
> >   http://www.classicalinsites.com/wqxr/music/schedule/index.html
> >     Charset: iso-8859-1 (assumed)
> >     Server: Apache/1.2-dev
> > keeps saying I have to download netscrape or exploiter.
> This doesn't have anything to do with faking Mozilla.
> This is a frames site. Lynx can handle frames,
> but the message that it can't is put up by the server.
> Just click on the frames buttons with lynx and you will be able
> to negotiate to the schedule. On this site, try the RIGHT frame first.
> I just got the schedule with lynx.

New Scientist  www.newscientist.com/  has a page like this:
for some reason they introduce their page of news items with a frame,
but you simply goto the relevant frame.
i've told them, but their site manager is overworked or underbrained.

doesn't this deserve a note somewhere in the Help files?
or might it become a FAQ?