lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Proxy?

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Proxy?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:14:42 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Markus Schaber said:

> In our local network, we have a Server with squid-proxy installed.
> Now I want to know how to configure lynx (I use lynx 2.7.1 on linux)
> to use server sol port 3128 as proxy for all users on my system.

Assuming that squid is a CERN-style proxy, you want to enter
proxy definitions in the system-wide lynx.cfg file (read comments
there).  If it is a SOCKS-style proxy Lynx will have to be
compiled with SOCKS support enabled, read INSTALLATION.

Put in full internet domainized node path for the sol node, with
port in usual place for an http: URL.

Al