lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Need help in modifying source code

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Need help in modifying source code
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 17:26:22 -0500 (EST)

Warut Thaweesub <address@hidden> wrote:
>I am now doing a project on Unified Resource Name project.
>I need to modify lynx so that it can interpret URN scheme correctly.
>I am using the -trace option and looking into some source codes.
>It could help me a lot if anybody can point me to some good reference
>pages or some experts?

        If you're referring to URNs in the format beginning with urn:
probably the simplest way to do it is make that a "known scheme" for
the is_url() function in LYUtils.c, and then work on the functions in
HTParse.c do deal with the rest of it.  However, doing it "properly"
may require waiting for greater coordination and consensus between the
IETF's URN and URI groups than I've seen as yet, sorry to say.

        It's on my todo list to implement URN handling, but don't hold
your breath waiting for that.

        The activities of the URN group and its specs thus far are in:

   Linkname: Uniform Resource Names (urn) Charter

        Those of the URI group are in:

   Linkname: IETF - Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI) Working Group

                                Fote