lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Fun with Configure...

From: James Elkinton
Subject: LYNX-DEV Fun with Configure...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 23:49:35 -0800 (PST)

Got this error on AC-0.111 configure....and just now a similar (if not
exactly the same) error on AC-0.114.

What's odd... it's not screamed at me before about curses?  Why now?
Last successful version compiled on this machine: AC-0.104

What did y'all do between then and now?

-----begin clip-----
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd2.1
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for style of include in makefiles... include file
checking for lint... no
checking for alint... no
checking for lclint... no
checking for tdlint... no
checking if you want to see long compiling messages... yes
checking if you want to check memory-leaks... no
checking if you want to enable debug-code... no
checking if you want to turn on gcc warnings... no
checking if you want full utility pathnames... yes
checking for system mailer... /usr/sbin/sendmail
checking system mail flags... -t -oi
checking for chmod... /bin/chmod
checking for compress... /usr/bin/compress
checking for cp... /bin/cp
checking for gzip... /usr/bin/gzip
checking for mkdir... /bin/mkdir
checking for mv... /bin/mv
checking for rm... /bin/rm
checking for tar... /usr/bin/tar
checking for touch... /usr/bin/touch
checking for gunzip... /usr/bin/gunzip
checking for unzip... /usr/local/bin/unzip
checking for uudecode... /usr/bin/uudecode
checking for zcat... /usr/bin/zcat
checking for zip... /usr/local/bin/zip
checking for working const... yes
checking for network libraries... working...
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for -linet... no
checking for socket... yes
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for screen type... curses
checking for initscr... no
checking for tgoto in -lmytinfo... yes
checking for tgoto... yes
checking for initscr in -lcurses... no
checking for initscr in -lncurses... no
checking for initscr in -lcursesX... no
checking for initscr in -ljcurses... no
checking for initscr in -lunknown... no
configure: error: no curses library found
------end clip------

| James Elkinton                                            ___        |
| (address@hidden)                                    (o o)       |