Re: LYNX-DEV "2-8 soon"

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV "2-8 soon"
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 05:38:00 -0500 (EST)

> 980216 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > > 980216 Philip Webb wrote:
> > > 2-8 is expected to be finished soon.
> > soon, soon - both LP and Fote have things to say about it,
> > and I would like to get some response to the list I posted the other day.
> > I have only 1-2 patches worth of things that I can see to make,
> > but will try to integrate whatever changes they have.
> sorry, i wasn't meaning to hurry anyone:
> i try to do my bit with 1st-aid help-desk replies
> to simple queries which otherwise tend to go unanswered.
no problem - just want to reassure you that I'm still working on it.
> Fote is on holiday, isn't he?
something like that (a month away, but that's about up)

> didn't LP comment on your list (someone did)?
> it's very important that a Public Release -- 2-8 -- should be reliable
> & the aim of bringing the  2  versions into line seems important too.
> so a few more weeks to get everything right is time well spent.
right - I don't think it's possible to make everyone happy, but can try...
I expect that there'll be a couple of items on the list that Fote will
want to comment on (as well as things that are apparent to him but not me).

Thomas E. Dickey