lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV can't load root directories with Lynx_w32

From: K. Peijnenborg
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV can't load root directories with Lynx_w32
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 20:45:15 +0100

> Van: Lloyd G. Rasmussen <address@hidden>
> I don't know if this would work the same way in Win95, but my
> Lynx/386, when pointed to the root directory of my C: drive,
> bookmarked it as
>   file://localhost/../
> (Lynx is running in a Lynx subdirectory on the C: drive),
> and it called my D: root directory
>   file://localhost/d:/

You are right, but I noticed that leaving out localhost
does not matter, so file://localhost/. is equal to
file:///..

But it is interesting that file://localhost/d:/ works for you.
It doesn't for me (I need that dot), which should indicate a
difference between the win95 and the 386-version. Perhaps the
revision Wayne talked about (see below) didn't make it to the
win95 version.

Are you also able to use the link 'Up to' to reach the root
'from below' instead of giving the exact url?