lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 object size & long-list

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 object size & long-list
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 05:20:16 -0500 (EST)

> 980303 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > 980303 Philip Webb wrote:
> > > in 2-8, using   --disable-dired --disable-long-list ,
> > > the same command calls up the full `ls -l' list after  c 12 seconds ;
> > I build this on Linux - it seems to run normally:
> > shows the short names under the README.
> > Either we're looking at 2 different things or there's a portability problem.
>
> "README" ?? -- you've lost me: my problem is what happens after  g . ,
yes - I'm running my spot-check under the top-level build directory.
I set up a copy of Apache recently for loopback tests (but it's not running),
and remember from its documentation that it'll show some predefined files
as header/footer for listings -- so I assume I can find similar code in Lynx.

--> but I'll recheck to see that the configure script is correct here; I
simply modified the lynx_cfg.h & re-compiled, so I could check that the
functionality in the C code was there.  (It wouldn't be the first
error/omission in the configure script).

> which promptly calls up a simple list of file names using 2-7,
> but using 2-8 gives a detailed list like after `ls -l' in UNIX:
> the  2  switches above seem not to be working properly.
>
> let's all remember that  12 months  have passed since 2-7,
> during which time MANY changes have been incorporated via  118  versions,
> PLUS the change to  configure : as Henry says, 2-8 needs lots of testing.
certainly - how long are we going to test?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden