lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV 2.8pre.4

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: LYNX-DEV 2.8pre.4
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 12:15:44 -0500 (EST)

This fixes the bugs reported in the pre-release of Lynx 2.8 (are there any
more?)

If there are no other issues, I'd like to move ahead & make a release tomorrow.

I'll do check builds & fix anything critical which I missed there, and
expect documentation updates in the meantime - but otherwise I don't know
of a reason to not release it.

1998-03-06
* clarify relationship between the configure script and userdefs.h with
  respect to the LYNX_CFG_FILE definition. - TD
* newer CF_FIND_LIBRARY autoconf macro, to allow ncurses library in /lib
  only, needed for SUSE Linux. - TD
* add casts to UPPER8 function's comparison for equality of parameters, and
  to TOUPPER macro to guard against sign-extension due to prototype. - AC
* correct spelling of -lcur_colr library in aclocal.m4, change order of
  tests to put -lHcurses second on HP-UX (patch by Jonathan Sergent).
* restore simple zmodem downloader script, displaced by recent undocumented
  change (there are some concerns about security or permissions with the
  alternate script).  - DK
* DOSPATH localfile patch: corrected display of file://localhost/c:/,
  which was displayed as file://localhost/c%3A/ (it looks strange,
  no escaping is required in this case; tweak LYConvertToUrl() in LYUtils.c).
  Now we may start "lynx c:" or 'go' c:  and not see these strange letters.
  On the other hand, % and # symbols are now restricted to be in local file
  path manually typed from 'go' URL (usually not happend) and interpreted only
  as URL #fragment (Hex escaping after % done for valid numbers only). - LP
* workaround error in vendor's terminfo description of 'dtterm' by ensuring
  we limit color pair-number accordingly. - TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden