lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV SSL for Lynx 2.8

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV SSL for Lynx 2.8
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 15:30:36 +0900 (JST)

> I'm a little puzzled:  there's nothing in the patches that imho should be
> restricted/secure since all of the work is done in the (not included)
> SSLeay library.  Can anyone explain why Fote didn't simply add the ifdef's
> to 2.7.2?

*Just putting the hooks* in there would destroy Lynx because it would no
longer be freely available to anyone in the world.  Plus anyone who did it
and indiscriminately distributed Lynx might land in prison for a LONG time.
Let's just keep hoping the US government will come to its senses someday.

__Henry