lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version (was: problem compiling 2-8 on Irix 5.3)

From: Personal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version (was: problem compiling 2-8 on Irix 5.3)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:46:45 -0700 (MST)

Michael,

Just to correct one misconception you expressed. UKANS handed over
development of Lynx to Fote, who then deferred in favor of the current Lynx
Dev team which is currently headed by Tom Dickey durring Klaus Weide's
absence. Therefore, it _DOES_ have more of an official status than any other
version under current development.

One of the latest things Tom did in preparing for the 2.8 release was to make
the code as similar as possible to Fote's 2.7.2 release where formatting was
the only issue. Therefore, if you submit diffs against 2.7.2, they can likely
be folded into the dev code and benefit everyone.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,
Email: address@hidden (Scott McGee)         | run in circles,
Web:   http://www.slcc.edu/infotech/webmaster.html | scream and shout.
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the College. Trust me!