lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 size

From: James Elkinton
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 size
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:46:48 -0800

David Woolley wrote:

> > dramatically!  If you get 55% like I do, you'll have a 0.847 M executable.
> > Not too bad...
>
> gzexe only helps on disk space.

Very true.  I haven't had it on a system yet that impacts any other
resources enough to consider, but systems can vary of course.  In my
case, disk space is of EXTREME importance.  After all my other stuff
is factored in, I have about 1.0-1.5 MB available for Lynx, and I
prefer to have 2, and sometimes 3 revisions around, in case I need to
compare in the event of problems.  GZEXE saves the day there.