lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx help form (was: last call ...)

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx help form (was: last call ...)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 09:07:25 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Dave Eaton said:

> > This thread opens up an old sore.  I volunteered, but ...[clip]...
> > It sounds to me like your on the right track, Dave, and have the
> > skills to meet the challenge.  If you have the time, could you work
> > on a simple form?
>
> Guess I stepped into that one, didn't I? <g>
> OK, sure, I'll read through the archive you pointed me to and put
> something together as long as there are no objections from others on the
> list.

Somewhere in the thread you can start at

   Linkname: Lynx-Dev Archives: LYNX-DEV distribution and support
          manifesto

you will find reasoning to the effect that the "send a problem
report" dialog should be in the program and not the mother website.

For example, yes there are tea leaves that a CGI script can
extract from the HTTP headers, but much more about the make
details of the executable and the system environment is available
to the program if we just think about it.

Al