lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Installation problems

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Installation problems
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 16:48:42 -0500 (EST)

980317 Rob MacLeod wrote:
> System: SGI Irix 6.4   Compiler: cc 7.2   Lynx version: 2.7

1st, get the latest 2.8 (just out) from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ :
i use it on SGI Irix 5.3, where it compiled without problems.
if you still have difficulties, don't hesitate to tell everyone.

> I suspect I will find lots of little bugs like this,
> if I ever get beyond the errors.

Lynx has a large international group of developers
who are generally very competent, so basic bugs/errors are rare.
you should be prepared to contribute your own patches, if you can.