Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Forms failure

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Forms failure
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:04:34 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Ian wrote:

> Well the actual form is <gulp>
> Its the first form one has to fill in when one applies for a free website
> with geocities. The Rainforest/Canopy/2951 is the address of the site I
> was applying for (of course this has probably been taken now). This is a
> simple form with just a few radio buttons and a submit button. Its also
> got a lot of text which Lynx displays rather badly for some reason. Lynx
> submits the form, there is a delay and then theres a message saying the
> submission hasnt been successful. I cant recall the exact words. Since I
> cant submit the first form I never get to see any others but Id infer that
> they'd fail as well.

It seems that the writer of that page has no idea of what TEXTAREA mean...
Anyway, I accessed the page with lynx 2-7-2 and lynx2.8.1dev.2, and had no
problem submitting it and getting back a form to fill up. Which version of
lynx are you using?

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden           |
       | Production sound mixer     |     |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | |