lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Help files

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Help files
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 05:15:01 -0500 (EST)

> What I was suggesting could be expressed by
>
> either
>               --install-help   # puts help tree in usual place
> or
>               --install-help-in=/lynx/current/lynx-2-8
without hacking up autoconf, it'll only allow us to define --with/--without
and --enable/--disable options. (I guess that's a syntax quibble, which is
why I phrased it as an option to override/supplant the --prefix option
that implies it would use the local filesystem).

> The http: URL for retrieval from the distribution breakout goes
> in the lynx.cfg file that applies if neither of these directives
> is invoked.  If either of these directives is invoked, then the
> active LYNX_HELP_FILE value in lynx.cfg is edited to show a file:
> URL to the installed local help tree.
But how does this fit with Scott's goal of not modifying the lynx.cfg
file during install?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden