lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 15:30:19 -0500 (EST)

   Philip Webb <address@hidden> wrote:
> > if something hasn't made its way into Fote's latest codeset,
> > it is a loose cannon rather than a useful contribution.
>
> FM hasn't been heard of for a couple of months,
> so do the rest of us wait & hold our breaths till he reappears,
> despite the fact -- see the Archive -- that he has repeatedly told us
> that he wants to stop being hone-kay etc etc?

   I haven't noticed anything useful being added to Mr. Dickey's codeset
since Fote's disappearance. (Of course I may have missed something, but in
this case people should point this out to me. That's what users are for.
Fote's work was also stimulated by users' requests sometimes.)

> > I have just filled his position.
>
> as hone-kay ... ?

   Acting Hone Kay (in the absence of the real one).

> sure: we'll all waiting to see you stop ranting & start producing:
> if you are capable of doing a good job, show everyone;
> in the past, as TD has pointed out, you've contributed very little code.

   See my response to him for the reason why.

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-449-0299
   ARPA Internet SMTP mail: address@hidden