lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Character Tables

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Character Tables
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:36:21 -0500 (EST)

>       Hi! I've got a little problem when try to compile Lynx without
>       including ALL character tables in the package.
>       I executed ./configure, and then I deleted the lines in src/makefile
>       and src/chrtrans/makefile that contained the chrtables I didn't want
>       to include.
>       When I ran 'make', it tells me some kind of 'macro error', and says
>       something is wrong with 'all'.
>       How can I compile it without those chrtrans?
Klaus said (back in the fall) that it was no longer possible to compile
Lynx without the chrtrans code.  I don't know how hard it would be to make
it optional.

It would be possible to make some of the tables optional, but that is a
different matter - that sounds like what you are asking but there's no
simple procedure for that at present, since there's more than one place to
change (and some of the tables are not optional, and because they are
referenced in other tables which are maintained in parallel).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden