lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx question: frames and <object>

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx question: frames and <object>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:37:45 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what David Combs said:

> I've tried "L", to get the list of all
> the addresses pointed at by the page,
> but haven't had it be much help so far.
>
> Any hints?

Well, what I would probably do is to try to guess which frame is
the navigation panel and go there.  If there are three or more
frames in the set, this may be the second frame.

I lack the patience to study the layout in the source of the
frameset.  Since I am running Lynx on my ISP I would just snoop
around and visit frames until I either found my way or gave up
and went somewhere else.  If this was slow I might decode the
layout for more hints on which is the navigation aid.

I guess the other hint would be to be ready to start with a
search to find a competitor with a better-executed site.  I am in
a rut of using text-mode MetaCrawler because most of the time it
turns up something useful I didn't know.

Al