lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV caching & \ (was 2.7.2 report)

From: Jan Hlavacek
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV caching & \ (was 2.7.2 report)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 14:46:39 -0500

On Sat, Mar 28, 1998 at 02:06:04PM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
> my proposal, which seems to have some support, is
> that when source is obtained using  \  (not otherwise)
> it should be held among those pages along with the rendered version:
> as is, Lynx replaces the one with the other,
> which is a pain in the somewhere when you want to compare the two,
> since each time Lynx sends off to the distant site for them.

Actually,  it seems that lynx does cache source obtained using \.  Try
this:  go to some page,  press \ to get source,  go to some other page,
and return back.  You get the source again,  without loading.  IMHO the
problem is that lynx keeps only one version of document for each
address,  so it is either source,  or the rendered version,  but not
both.   That way, if you keep switching between source and rendered
version with \,  lynx has to load the page every time.  I bet the cache
is indexed by addresses (obviously).

lahvak
--
Jan Hlav\'{a}\v{c}ek