Re: LYNX-DEV user agent?

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV user agent?
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:51:46 -0500

Re: surely you should demand
that the option to change the user agent should be deleted from Lynx:

Certainly not.  Having the capability to temporarily change it allows me
to assist in debugging a web site problem - I can determine whether the
problems with a site are strictly with lynx, or if they are bigger than

As to whether the ability to change the user agent identifier permenantly
should be added to lynx is a separate matter - at least to me.
<URL:> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."