lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Partial Display

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Partial Display
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:58:48 +0100 (BST)

Yeap. I tried to catch it with -trace and found that in my both attempts,
Lynx transfered upto the following point:
-- usual stuff --

<FORM ACTION="http://search.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp"; METHOD=POST>
USENET
News search!<br>
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="query">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="search">
<INPUT TYPE="reset" VALUE="clear"></form><p>

<hr><p>

<FORM ACTION="http://webcrawler
HTMIME: Got 'D' at beginning of line, checking for 'ate:'

So, second <form ..> is cut. But maybe ignored on the first chunk of data
and on the second it loses the track and mixes with the remaining,
causing a bad HTML. And at the end, when it reads whole thing again, it
finds the missing part... I am just guessing, I am not the expert on trace
files. If anybody wants to give a hand, I can send one.

Now, I tried another page with <form..> it does exactly the same thing, It
puts the first and/or second input field at the top, for some reason, and
then corrects it when it finishes reading the whole file. I don't
understand :(

But this is a sign that 'everyting is not that easy' in reading &
rendering the document.

>> >I'm not sure I like the incremental view, but it could be because I am not
>> >used to it.  It definately looks costly for slow telnet links though.
>>
>> For me I don't feel the telnet speed.
>
>I don't normally either, but I just played with using a Windows CE palmtop
>telnetted into a linux box and it really drove home the speed issue ;-)

Hmmm... We can't win all the time, we have to pay the price. :-)

>> Still I could not figure out file:// read.

>file:// works, doesn't it?

file:// works. But it doesn't do partial display. Actually, page numbers
rolls, but the keyboard control is not released until it is fully loaded.
I don't know where to look, I just guess where it could be but I failed
in all my guesess.

--
Sinan.